The Economics Group is the principal source of economic advice to the Queensland Government.
The division provides:
- expert economic, demographic and social research
- commercial, strategic and policy advice in relation to Queensland Government-owned corporations
- support for and proactive involvement in the Government’s reform program to streamline existing regulation and simplify new regulation
- advice relating to financial relations between Queensland and the Commonwealth
- advice in relation to water reform, economic policy, carbon pricing, economic regulation, competition policy and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Financial and economic policy website
Includes information about regulatory reform, inter-Governmental relations and economic policy.
Queensland statistics website
Provides access to Queensland statistics, including regional profiles, thematic maps and a range of statistical and economic publications.
Last reviewed 13 March 2014