Benefits and conditions
As a Queensland Treasury and Trade employee, you have access to a range of benefits which provide excellent conditions, flexibility and opportunity.
Queensland Treasury and Trade offers employees attractive remuneration packages that can include loading paid on annual leave and employer subsidised superannuation.
Our advertised vacancies outline the relevant classification and salary entitlements for the respective positions.
The Queensland Government is committed to protecting your future retirement benefits through its award-winning superannuation fund QSuper. Employees are required to invest a minimum 2-5 per cent of their salary and in return the government provides up to 12.75 per cent employer-based contribution.
For further details visit www.qsuper.qld.gov.au.
Recreation leave, sick leave, accrued time off (flex-time), special leave, long service leave, parental leave and other special leave categories are available to most employees. See leave provisions for more information about each of these categories of leave.
Flexible working practices
Queensland Treasury and Trade provides a range of flexible work practices that enables employees to more effectively balance work and family/life commitments. This means you'll be able to discuss with your manager flexible options that are appropriate for your role and work area. Flexible working practices you may be able to access include:
- Job sharing - an arrangement where one job is shared between 'part-time' employees.
- Accrued time off (Flex-time).
- Part-time employment - employment (work) that is performed less than the full-time prescribed weekly hours.
- Purchased leave - the option to purchase up to an extra 6 weeks annual leave through salary apportionment.
- Phased retirement - the opportunity for employees of traditional retirement age to continue working in other than their current full-time capacity.
- Telecommuting - the ability to perform work outside the central workplace by using telecommunications technology.
- Carers' facility - Queensland Treasury and Trade recognises that employees have responsibilities as care providers in their personal lives. To assist in this area, we have a carers' facility. This room enables an employee to care for dependants in short-term emergencies while still being able to carry out work duties with appropriate communication network links.
Last reviewed 9 December 2013