Valuing the contribution of women
As women are the primary caregivers in many households, our work-life balance focus has the particular benefit of supporting women’s career development.
In valuing the contribution women make to our business objectives, Treasury continues to be an active participant of the Smart Women Smart State Awards. We sponsored the awards ceremony for the fourth consecutive year in August 2009.
We also support women’s career development by:
- encouraging participation in the Public Service Commission’s Inspiring Women mentoring program for AO2-AO7 and equivalent levels
- offering a women-in-management program
- providing targeted professional development and training courses
- facilitating opportunities to act at a higher level
- offering job rotation and work shadowing
- encouraging and facilitating multi-skilling.
Last reviewed 28 November 2013