Economic and Structural Policy
The Economic and Structural Policy division is the principal source of economic advice to the Queensland Government.
The division provides:
- expert economic, demographic and social research
- commercial, strategic and policy advice in relation to Queensland Government-owned corporations
- support for and proactive involvement in the Government’s reform program to streamline existing regulation and simplify new regulation
- advice relating to financial relations between Queensland and the Commonwealth
- advice in relation to water reform, economic policy, carbon pricing, economic regulation, competition policy and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- insurance expertise, specifically in the management of the state’s insurable assets and liabilities together with the ongoing management of the Motor Accident Insurance Scheme.
Financial and economic policy website
Includes information about regulatory reform, inter-Governmental relations and economic policy.
Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) website
Includes information about the role of the Motor Accident Insurance Commission, the Nominal Defendant, and Queensland's Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme.
Queensland Government Insurance Fund website
Includes information about the Government's self-insurance fund and the advice, products and services it provides to Queensland Government agencies.
Queensland statistics website
Provides access to Queensland statistics, including regional profiles, thematic maps and a range of statistical and economic publications.
Last reviewed 4 July 2013