1 William Street
Artist's impression of 1 William Street
The 1 William Street (1WS) office tower will be a landmark structure in the heart of Brisbane's government precinct.
When completed in late 2016, this landmark office tower will provide accommodation for an estimated 4,000 Queensland Government employees, as well as private sector tenants.
1WS is also the catalyst for a planned revitalisation of Brisbane's lower George Street precinct. The revitalised precinct may include a blend of office and commercial spaces, hotels, cultural facilities, residential developments and retail centres.
Cbus Property is developing the 1WS office tower. Cbus Property's main construction contractor for the development is Brookfield Multiplex. The workplace designer is Woods Bagot.
Objectives of the development
The Queensland Government's objectives for developing 1WS are to:
- enhance Brisbane's reputation as a vibrant city with modern, landmark architecture in a well-planned urban environment
- accommodate the Queensland Public Service and create a highly productive environment for team members focused on achieving the best outcomes for the businesses and people of Queensland
- reinvigorate and act as a catalyst for change in the Government Administrative Precinct
- achieve value for money for the State
- create a high quality, sustainable development on the site
- activate this project in the shortest possible time as part of the Government's priority to boost the State's economy.
Key facts about the building
- Total site area: Almost 7,000m2
- Building height: approximately 259m including the spire
- Floors: 41 above ground floors and three basement levels
- Gross floor area: Approximately 120,000m2
- Net lettable area: Approximately 75,000m2 of office space
- Queensland Government anticipated occupation: Approximately 60,000m2
- Net lettable area available to the private sector: Approximately 15,000m2
- Occupants: Approximately 4,000 Queensland Government employees and 1,000 private sector employees
- Retail area: Approximately 1,100m2
- Car parking bays: 318
- Bicycle bays: 600
- Excavation and piling works completed: Late 2013
- Building structure commences at basement level: Late 2013
- Tower structure commences: Late 2014
- Fitout commences: Early 2015
- Tower structure complete: Mid 2016
- Building and fitout completed: Late 2016
*Timing is subject to weather and construction conditions