1 William Street
The 1 William Street (1WS) office tower will be a landmark structure.
When completed in late 2016, this landmark office tower will provide a modern and efficient workplace for more than 4,000 Queensland Government employees, as well as private sector tenants.
1WS is also the catalyst for a planned revitalisation of the Queens Wharf Brisbane precinct. The revitalised precinct may include a mix of six star hotels, retail centres, restaurant and entertainment zones, theatre and convention facilities, and new open spaces.
Cbus Property is developing the 1WS office tower which is now 50 per cent owned by ISPT (Industry Superannuation Property Trust). Brookfield Multiplex is building the tower, with the office interior being designed by Woods Bagot.
Cbus Property is developing the 1WS office tower. Cbus Property's main construction contractor for the development is Brookfield Multiplex. The workplace designer is Woods Bagot.
Information on the 1WS design is freely available on the Brisbane City Council development application website.
Objectives of the development
The Queensland Government's objectives for developing 1WS are to:
- enhance Brisbane's reputation as a vibrant city with modern, landmark architecture in a well-planned urban environment
- accommodate the Queensland Public Service and create a highly productive environment for team members focused on achieving the best outcomes for the businesses and people of Queensland
- reinvigorate and act as a catalyst for change in the Queens Wharf Brisbane precinct
- achieve value for money for the State
- create a high quality, sustainable development on the site
- activate this project in the shortest possible time as part of the Government's priority to boost the State's economy.
Key facts about the building
- Total site area: Almost 7,000 m2
- Building height: approximately 259 m above William Street including the spire
- Floors: 41 above ground floors and three basement levels
- Gross floor area: Approximately 120,000 m2
- Net lettable area: Approximately 75,000 m2 of office space
- Queensland Government anticipated occupation: Approximately 60,000 m2
- Net lettable area available to the private sector: Approximately 15,000 m2
- Occupants: More than 4,000 Queensland Government employees and 1,000 private sector employees
- Retail area: Approximately 1,100 m2
- Car parking bays: 318
- Bicycle bays: 600
- Excavation and piling works completed: Late 2013
- Building structure commenced at basement level: Late 2013
- Tower structure commenced: May 2014
- Fitout commences: Early 2015
- Tower structure complete: Mid 2016
- Building and fitout completed: Late 2016
*Timing is subject to weather and construction conditions