Monitoring Government-owned businesses
For further information
Queensland Treasury and Trade is responsible for managing the State Government's shareholding relationship with Government-owned businesses. In doing so, Queensland Treasury and Trade works closely with the departments of Ministers with shareholding responsibilities. These include the Premier, the Treasurer and Minister for Trade, the Minister for Energy and Water Supply, and the Minister for Transport and Main Roads.
Queensland Treasury and Trade and shareholding / responsible Ministers' departments are responsible for:
- negotiating outcomes of the annual performance contract or Statement of Corporate Intent (SCI) / Strategic Plan, as well as the five-yearly Corporate Plan / Operational Plan
- monitoring the performance of Government-owned businesses and managing dividend payments
- advising responsible and shareholding Ministers of critical current and emerging issues impacting on Government-owned businesses
- assessing major investment proposals
- administering the process for appointments to boards of Government-owned businesses
- administering the Government Owned Corporations Act 1993.
Monitoring of Government-owned businesses is the responsibility of Commercial Monitoring within Queensland Treasury and Trade.
Last reviewed 4 July 2013