Value-for-money infrastructure and attracting investment
Treasury supports economic growth in Queensland by providing timely financial and commercial advice to government and by leading major commercial government projects to achieve time, cost, risk and quality objectives. This service includes:
- providing commercial and financial advice to government on service and infrastructure projects and managing the procurement of privately financed major public infrastructure and service projects
- working with government agencies to realise the contracted value of major public infrastructure and service projects through the delivery and operations phases
- providing commercial and policy advice on private sector investment in Queensland
- managing the state’s engagement in the Northern Australia development agenda
- managing the state’s project assessment framework to drive rigorous project development across government
- assessing government-owned corporations’ (GOCs) capital investments and driving a focus on maximising performance and rates of return through improved commercial focus
- leading implementation of a new financial provisioning scheme for the resources sector
- advising government on competition policy and legislation, economic regulation and structural policy
- leading the state’s negotiations with the Australian and local governments on City Deals.
Key issues in our environment
Uncertainty about Australian energy policy may impact on the government’s ability to deliver reliable, affordable energy with an appropriate mix of baseload and renewable energy.