Backing Queensland jobs
Treasury provides economic and fiscal leadership, strategy and advice to promote economic growth and job creation for the benefit of all Queenslanders. The cornerstone of this advice is the coordination of the Queensland Budget to deliver the government’s policy objectives.
Treasury does this by:
- delivering whole-of-government economic, fiscal, revenue, financial management, accounting, policy and reporting services to the Under Treasurer, Treasurer and Cabinet Budget Review Committee
- providing strategic economic and regulatory reform policy advice, economic impact analysis, modelling and data analysis to inform public policy and decision making across the Queensland Government to promote sustainable economic and employment growth
- monitoring, forecasting and measuring the state’s economic performance, at industry, regional and state-wide level, to inform development of the Queensland Budget and whole-of-government economic and social policy development
- coordinating the development of the Queensland Budget, and managing the state’s debt and balance sheet in accordance with government policies
- delivering statistical, demographic research and program evaluation services across government through the Queensland Government Statistician’s Office.