Queensland Treasury is at the heart of the Queensland Government, providing world-class economic advice and financial services. Our aim is to promote sustainable economic outcomes and fiscal strength for Queensland. Working in a central agency, our people develop solutions that have lasting impact on prosperity for Queenslanders.
With such a demanding agenda, we know that a balance between work and life commitments helps our people deliver their best. In our team, you will have access to:
- up to 12.75 per cent employer subsidised superannuation
- four weeks’ annual leave, attracting 17.5 per cent loading
- flexible working hours, with specific provisions for parents and carers
- other leave for purposes such as sickness and emergencies
- opportunities for professional development, networking and career progression (including study assistance)
- salary sacrificing arrangements
- a safe, healthy and smoke-free work environment.
Jobs in Queensland Treasury
We also have student and graduate opportunities.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people who identify as members of the following groups to apply:
- people with a disability
- people from a non-English speaking background
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- Australian South Sea Islander people.
Investing in our people
Your career in Treasury will be supported by our comprehensive Workforce Plan, which is designed to:
- optimise capability and talent management
- build leadership and performance
- engage, retain and reward our people
- build a culture that encourages, models and supports our workplace and the values of the Queensland Public Service.
Our Great People capability system outlines clear, consistent capabilities and behaviours we need from our people. Great People will give you access to the tools and resources you need to map your pathway with us. We will encourage you to participate in a range of opportunities to learn and expand your skills, including:
- an achievement and development plan that links your career goals with our business objectives
- structured and on-the-job training and development
- an employee exchange program with top private sector companies
- Great Leaders, a program to develop our future leaders
- reward and recognition programs.
Guidelines for applicants
The Guidelines for applicants (PDF 55 K) provides information on applying for a job in Treasury. The guidelines include information about the department, how to apply, the selection process and employment conditions.
When applying for a job in Treasury it is a requirement that the guidelines be read in conjunction with the role description for the vacancy.