Working for Treasury
From the moment you join Queensland Treasury you join a supportive team of highly experienced professionals, dedicated to growing the state economy for the benefit of all Queenslanders.
Meet our people
Our people are our greatest strength. They apply diverse skills and experiences to address some of our state’s most complex social and economic challenges. They are professional, approachable and results oriented. Above all else, they are dedicated to Queensland.
See what it’s like to work with Queensland Treasury.
Your career in Treasury will be supported by our comprehensive Workforce Plan, which is designed to:
- optimise capability and talent management
- build leadership and performance
- engage, retain and reward our people
- build a culture that encourages, models and supports our workplace and the values of the Queensland Public Service.
Our Great People capability system (Word 410 K) outlines clear, consistent capabilities and behaviours we need from our people. Great People will give you access to the tools and resources you need to map your pathway with us. We will encourage you to participate in a range of opportunities to learn and expand your skills, including:
- an achievement and development plan that links your career goals with our business objectives
- structured and on-the-job training and development
- an employee exchange program with top private sector companies
- Great Leaders, a program to develop our future leaders
- reward and recognition programs.
Our Great Leaders Program, developed with QUT, is developing our future leaders.
When you perform at your best, Queensland does too. So our focus is on supporting you to reach your full potential and balance work and life commitments. In our team, you will have access to:
- up to 12.75 per cent employer subsidised superannuation
- four weeks’ annual leave, attracting 17.5 per cent loading
- flexible working hours, with specific provisions for parents and carers
- other leave for purposes such as sickness and emergencies
- opportunities for professional development, networking and career progression (including study assistance)
- salary sacrificing arrangements
- a safe and healthy work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people who identify as members of the following groups to apply:
- people with a disability
- people from a non-English speaking background
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- Australian South Sea Islander people.