Queensland Treasury is the government’s principal agency for economics. A significant amount of the work undertaken by Treasury is focused on growing the Queensland economy and making it a great state where people want to live and work.
Treasury delivers a broad range of economic services. We:
- produce, monitor and analyse Queensland economic data to determine economic patterns, trends, and the performance of key industries and sectors, including identifying potential risks to those industries
- conduct economic modelling and forecasting
- assess government initiatives, projects and policies
- provide advice to Cabinet and government agencies to inform economically sound policy development and inform Queensland Government strategies for economic development
- develop government policies and put in place economic regulatory frameworks that encourage a competitive and productive economy.
Treasury also runs programs aimed at improving the environment for business to invest, such as cutting red tape and monitoring the performance of government commercial businesses to ensure they are delivering the best returns for Queenslanders.