Fair and safe work
The Office of Industrial Relations (OIR) joined Queensland Treasury in 2015. It comprises:
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Electrical Safety Office
- Workers' Compensation Regulator
- Industrial Relations.
Office of Industrial Relations staff work in Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Gladstone, Innisfail, Ipswich, Logan, Mackay, Maroochydore, Maryborough, Robina, Rockhampton, Roma, Toowoomba and Townsville.
The Office of Industrial Relations offers a range of advisory and compliance services and initiatives including:
- targeted initiatives that engage with workers, business and the community to build safety and productivity
- managing registration, licensing, certification and accreditation regimes for workplaces and electrical safety
- developing legislative, compliance and enforcement frameworks.