Fair and safe work
The Office of Industrial Relations (OIR) joined Queensland Treasury in 2015. It comprises:
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Electrical Safety Office
- Workers' Compensation Regulator
- Industrial Relations Policy and Regulation
- Public Sector Industrial Relations.
OIR staff work in Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Gladstone, Innisfail, Ipswich, Logan, Mackay, Maroochydore, Maryborough, Robina, Rockhampton, Roma, Toowoomba and Townsville.
OIR offers a range of advisory and compliance services and initiatives including:
- targeted initiatives that engage with workers, business and the community to build safety and productivity
- managing registration, licensing, certification and accreditation regimes for workplaces and electrical safety
- developing legislative, compliance and enforcement frameworks.