The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant is a Queensland Government initiative to help first home owners get their new first home sooner. Depending on the date of your contract, you’ll get $15,000 or $20,000* towards buying or building your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000). You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself.
To be eligible for the grant:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be buying or building a brand new home, valued at less than $750,000.
* The temporary increase of the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant to $20,000 is available until 30 June 2018. From 1 July, the value of the Grant will be $15,000. Eligibility conditions will remain the same.
To find out more, visit the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant website.