Consistent user experience
The Queensland Government has developed a Consistent User Experience Standard, which is used on all government websites.
The purpose of the standard is to ensure that visitors:
- can find the information they need quickly and easily
- do not have to learn new navigation methods when using different agency sites
- can move from one site to another with familiarity.
To make this consistent experience a reality, the standard requires that:
- agency web pages are laid out consistently, with elements such as the navigation, search button and agency name always in the same place
- navigation is based on what visitors are likely to be looking for, rather than on how departments are organised
- the underlying techniques used to create the pages ensure they are accessible to as many people as possible.
More information about the Consistent User Experience Standard is available on the Queensland Government Web Centre.