These policies aim to provide a framework for identifying, valuing, recording and writing-off non-current physical and intangible assets. The policies must be read in conjunction with the relevant Australian accounting standards and are not intended to be read in substitution for them.
Non-current asset policies tools
The Non-Current Asset Policies Tools contains materials to assist agencies in complying with the Non-Current Asset Policies. The tools do not form part of the Non-Current Asset Policies and have been prepared to provide guidance only. To view the NCAP tools, visit the NCAP tools page.
- NCAP 1 – Recognition of Assets
- NCAP 2 – Complex Assets
- NCAP 3 – Valuation of Assets
- NCAP 4 – Impairment of Assets
- NCAP 5 – Depreciation and Amortisation
- NCAP 6 – Disposal of Non-Current Assets
- NCAP 7 – Accounting for Library Collections
- Summary of Mandatory Treasury Policies
- Summary of Noteworthy Changes