The State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) is a division of the Office of State Revenue. We are responsible for the collection and enforcement of unpaid:
- infringement notice fines
- court-ordered monetary penalties
- offender debt recovery orders
- offender levies.
We do not issue fines. If you want to dispute a fine or court order, you will need to contact the administering authority or court.
We aim to:
- boost the collection of restitution or compensation for victims of offences, as ordered to be paid under the Penalties and Sentences Act 1992
- maximise the number of fines and other money penalties paid before enforcement action is taken
- emphasise that community service work is an option for the disadvantaged, but not an alternative to the payment of a fine for those who can afford to do so
- reduce the use of imprisonment for fine default by encouraging the use of other enforcement methods
- inform the community about the obligations of offenders, and the consequences of non-compliance.