Transfer duty and first home buyer grants estimator
You can use the estimator to find out how much transfer duty you will need to pay and if a grant applies.
Use this estimator only where:
- your contract is dated after 1 July 2012
- all the buyers are claiming the same concession, or there is no concession being claimed
- the property is residential
- you are acquiring 100% of the property from the seller
- there is no gift component
- you are not receiving financial help from a related person.
Otherwise, use the transfer duty calculator instead.
This estimator does not include the additional duty of 3% that applies to acquisitions of residential land by foreign persons (including companies and trusts) from 1 October 2016 (as announced in the State Budget 2016–17).