2009-10 key achievements
- Developed the 2010-11 State Budget, including a $17.1 billion infrastructure program, and monitored and reviewed the 2009-10 State Budget.
- Oversaw Queensland’s achievement of deregulation commitments under the National Partnership Agreement to Deliver a Seamless National Economy, including payroll tax harmonisation and standard business reporting.
- Finalised scoping studies to determine the sale structure and timing for the five assets and completed the $603 million sale of a 99-year licence to operate Queensland’s forest plantations.
- Progressed a review of the preparedness of energy generator Government-owned corporations (GOCs) to respond to the challenges of carbon reduction measures and an increasingly competitive market.
- Collected $1.11 billion in dividends and current tax equivalents from GOCs to fund critical water, energy, ports and rail infrastructure projects.
- For the Queensland Growth Summit 2010, advised the State Government on demographic trends and the relationship between population growth and the economy.
- Conducted a study into demographic trends arising out of Queensland’s mining and infrastructure boom.
- Via the Office of State Revenue, raised $8.4 billion in revenue which contributed to the provision of essential services.
- Continued taxation reform by implementing a range of initiatives, including a payroll tax rebate for apprentices and trainees and an increased payment period for land tax.
- Consolidated all grant and taxation streams into a single, integrated e-business system.
Last reviewed 28 November 2013