Queensland Treasury is dedicated to delivering prosperity for Queenslanders now and into the future. We pursue this through our strategic priorities to:
- support economic growth, job creation and fiscal strength
- improve services for Queenslanders
- empower our people.
Our remit encompasses a range of critical functions including:
- managing Queensland’s finances
- administering grants and collecting taxes
- providing economic and commercial advice to government
- procuring infrastructure.
We also have close relationships with statutory bodies, whose work complements that of the department and which are the legal responsibilities of the Treasurer or the Under Treasurer. These include: