During the year, Treasury commenced a review of its workforce strategy to develop a strategic workforce plan for 2022–26. The process involves engaging with Treasury leaders and employees to better understand our current workforce, our strategic and operational objectives, and the likely challenges and changes that will impact our workforce requirements for the next 3 to 5 years.
The new strategic workforce plan aims to:
- empower our workforce for the future
- support wellbeing and develop a diverse, connected and inclusive workplace culture reflective of the communities we serve
- support and develop diverse skills and capabilities aligned to Treasury activities including succession planning
- equip our people with modern and effective data, analytic systems, processes and tools, and provide the support and policies to use them
- embed a performance culture that builds capability, fosters accountability, and empowers our people to be the best they can be
- continue to improve leadership and management capability and skills.